Two big updates on 8×8 Brewing Project, our upcoming Beer Festival connecting the Chinese Craft Beer community with friends from across the globe: Tickets are on sale stating at Noon, Beijing time, and we’re ready to reveal the collaboration match-ups!
We picked names out of a hat to pair up these 16 breweries from Greater China and the Pacific Northwest:
- Cloudburst Brewing (Seattle) X Bubble Lab (Wuhan)
- Gigantic Brewing Co. (Portland) X Moonzen Brewery (Hong Kong)
- Breakside Brewery (Portland) X NBeer (Chengdu/Beijing)
- 10 Barrel Brewing Co. (Bend) X Fat Fat Beer Horse (Xiamen)
- Culmination Brewing (Portland) X Master Gao (Nanjing)
- The Commons Brewery (Portland) X Taihu Brewing (Taipei)
- Holy Mountain Brewing (Seattle) X Jing-A Brewing Co. (Beijing)
- Parallel 49 Brewing (Vancouver) X TAPS (Shenzhen/Chongqing)
Each of these pairs will now start working together to develop a new beer that brings together the experience, culture and personality of both breweries, to be released at the 8×8 festival in Beijing, November 3rd and 4th.
We can’t wait to see (and taste) the beers they come up with!
The first 50 tickets for each session get an early bird discount – just use the code EARLY1 if you’re buying a ticket for Session 1, EARLY2 for Session 2, and EARLY3 and EARLY4 for the other sessions.
Jing-A is thrilled to finally announce the 8×8 Brewing Project, China’s first collaboration-based craft beer festival, coming to Beijing on November 3rd & 4th, 2017!
Each year, the 8×8 Brewing Project will pair 8 breweries from Greater China with 8 breweries from a chosen region around the world to brew 8 kick-ass collaboration beers. For our inaugural year we’ve teamed up with some of the hottest breweries from the Pacific Northwest, one of the birthplaces of the modern craft beer movement.The brewery pairs will be revealed soon – they’ll have the whole summer to work together and prepare their collaboration brews. Then, on November 3 & 4, we’ll gather everyone in Beijing to release their collaborations, pouring them alongside each brewery’s own specialty beers at the 8×8 Festival. All the brewers will be there in person, so you’ll have a chance to learn the stories behind what you’re drinking – straight from the source!
From the Pacific Northwest, our partner region for 2017…
- Breakside Brewery (Portland)
- Cloudburst Brewing (Seattle)
- The Commons Brewery (Portland)
- Culmination Brewing (Portland)
- Gigantic Brewing Co. (Portland)
- Holy Mountain Brewing (Seattle)
- Parallel 49 Brewing (Vancouver)
- 10 Barrel Brewing Co. (Bend)
From Greater China…
- Bubble Lab (Wuhan)
- Fat Fat Beer Horse (Xiamen)
- Jing-A Brewing Co. (Beijing)
- Master Gao (Nanjing)
- Moonzen Brewery (Hong Kong)
- NBeer (Chengdu/Beijing)
- Taihu Brewing (Taipei)
- TAPS (Shenzhen/Chongqing)
-The 8×8 Festival is spread over two days, with 4 free-flow tasting sessions.
-Each session is three hours long, so you’ve got plenty of time to try as much beer as you’d like!
-The collaborations brewed for 8×8 will pour at all sessions.
-In addition, each brewery will feature two unique beers each session.
In total we’ll be putting on tap:
40 unique beers at each session (32 beers + 8 collaboration brews).
136 unique beers across all four sessions (4×32 = 128 beers + 8 collaboration brews)
8×8 Festival Schedule:
- Friday, Nov 3:
Session 1 – 8:00-11:00PM
- Saturday, Nov 4:
Session 2 – 11:00AM-2:00PM
Session 3 – 3:30PM-6:30PM
Session 4 – 8:00-11:00PM
Single Session – 300 RMB
(first 200 tickets at an early bird price of 258)
All-Festival Pass – 988 RMB
All-Festival VIP Pass -1188 RMB
(includes exclusive pre-festival bottle-share with the brewers and 8×8 T-shirt)
Venue: The UCCA Pavillion
UCCA, 798 Art District, No. 4 Jiuxianqiao Lu, Chaoyang District, Beijing